Have you been wondering what is new in your webShaper control panel?
We would like to introduce to you the list of updates for your webShaper control panel. The software updates for version 2.7.898 has been released on 13th October 2014 – so, all merchants should have it in your webShaper control panel depending on your subscription package. If you still do not see the updates, you should be able to see them soon. The new updates include:
1. SEO-friendly URL for Products
Your products now have a SEO-friendly URL since it includes keywords of your product name. It is easy to read and understand now. People are more likely to click on this link if you were to post else where compared to a URL with many characters which is difficult to understand. Most importantly, search engines look for keywords in URLs and decide how they should be ranked. The new URL format is:
your website domain/products/product name/product ID
2. Rounding Value for Cents
For product price with cents, you can now round the final order value to the nearest 5 cents. To do this, you will have to make some changes in your webShaper control panel. Go to Settings, click on Currency and check Yes for Round final order value to nearest 5 cents.
3. Partial Shipment for Orders
We understand that sometimes you do not have all the products that your customer ordered. What if your customers ordered 3 products from you and you only have 2 products in your inventory? You can now ship these products separately so that your customers do not have to wait. How to do that in your webShaper control panel?
- Go to Orders.
- Click on View Orders.
- Click View on any of your orders with Order Status: Processed.
- Click Edit and select Update Order Status.
- Then, click Manage Partial Shipments to setup multiple shipment.
4. Edit Order Details Now Allow Adding Products
For products with Order Status: Pending, you can now add more items to the order. To edit customers’ order:
- Go to Orders.
- Click on View Orders.
- Click View on any of your orders with Order Status: Pending.
- Click Edit and select Order Details.
- Then, click Add Item to add more items to the order.
5. Separate Shipping Cost for Pre-order
If your store is selling pre-order products as well, then you will want to set up a separate shipping cost. You can set up a separate shipping cost if you go to Settings and click on Shipping. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a field called Separate shipping cost for pre-order items. There are 3 options for you to choose from:
- No: Choose this option if you do not want to separate shipping cost for your normal products and pre-order products.
- Use total weight for all pre-order items in cart: Let’s say your customers bought 3 pre-order products from you – Choose this option if you want to combine shipping cost for all 3 pre-order products.
- Use individual weight for all pre-order items in cart: Let’s say your customers bought 3 pre-order products from you – Choose this option if you want to separate shipping cost for all 3 pre-order products.
6. Article Management System
You can also create an article and have them published in your website. Wanna start a blog in your website? Go to Publish and click on Articles and then Create Articles. Make sure you categorise your articles accordingly so that your customers can easily view them. Once your article is ready, you will have to add a tab in your website header so that customers can see your articles.
To add a tab on your website header, go to Design, click on Template Files and then edit header.html.
7. New Product Image Gallery System
You will now see the above interface whenever you wanna upload your product pictures. Just click on the Image Settings icon to set your image sizes. The image size for your store will also depend on your store design templates – but this is the general rule for the image sizes for responsive designs:
Small image: more than 300px for height
Normal image: more than 400px for width
Large image (zoom image): more than 600px for width
8. New Payment Gateway POLiPayment
Your webShaper store now supports POLipayment payment gateway. This means that if you ever wanna sell within New Zealand or Australia and ship your products there as well, you can do so.
9. Android App Control Panel for webShaper Control Panel
webShaper mobile or webShaper Android App Control Panel gives you access to all the key information about your webShaper store when you’re on the move. Get yours today on Google Play Store. More information about webShaper mobile at http://www.webshaper.com.my/mobile/ .
Share this good news with other webShaper users: